Carrot and Beetroot Purée
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 136g of beetroot, peeled and chopped
- Baby’s milk (optional)
- Put the beetroot into a steamer over simmering water and cook for around 15 mins, add the carrot and cook for a further eight mins until both are tender.
- Blitz to a purée in a blender or mash with a fork if you want your baby to try lumpier food. Add a splash of milk (or water from the saucepan), if necessary, to create a smooth texture. You may need to scrape the sides of the bowl a few times while blitzing to get a smooth consistency throughout.
- Serve one portion and divide the rest between small containers or ice cube trays and freeze.
Read more about the food book and where you can find it here