Sweet potato steamed bread
- 300g sweet potato (if you buy by weight, you can roughly guess the portion)
- 1 egg
- 2 tsps. oil
- 2 tsps. honey (or sugar)
- 4 tsps. milk (or water)
- 150g pancake mix, or make your own with 100g white flour + 7g baking powder + 25g sugar + pinch of salt.
- Chop sweet potatoes into small pieces and place them in any container or bowl (this must be microwave-safe). Pour in one tsp. of water, cover loosely and microwave for 3mins at 600W.
- Once sweet potatoes are cooked, add all the rest of the ingredients and mix them well in the same container.
- Cover loosely again and microwave for 5mins.
- Poke with a skewer or chopstick to make sure the dough isn’t sticky inside. If your skewer is wet, it’s not fully cooked yet. Place it into microwave and cook it for a little longer.
- Slice into pieces and top with yoghurt, nuts and cinnamon if you like.
Recipe: Sweet Potato Steamed BreadPlay video