8 23p 0g
- 150g (2 cups) rolled oats
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 50g (⅓ cup) coconut oil or butter
- 1½ bananas
- 3 dates
- 4 tbsp orange juice or apple juice
- Preheat oven to 170°C / 340°F / Gas mark 3 and line a baking dish with some parchment.
- Blitz the oats in a food processor for a few seconds to break them down a bit. Transfer the oats into a large bowl and mix in the desiccated coconut.
- Melt the coconut oil or butter in a pan or use a microwave.
- In a blender blitz the melted coconut oil or butter, bananas, dates and fruit juice until it forms a sticky paste. Pour this on top of the oat mixture and stir until everything is well combined.
- Scoop the mixture into the dish and press down with the back of the spoon to make it compact.
- Bake in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes or until the edges of the mixture are beginning to brown.
- Lift the parchment paper out of the dish and leave to cool before cutting into 8 large or 16 small pieces.